Spotlight on Cameras and Lens
What to Look When Purchasing a Camera
There are various cameras that are better or worse depending on activity and the end goals you have in mind for your projects. There are cameras in your smartphone, on your computer, made for portrait photography, made for vlogging, etc. It’s important to do your own research as well as make goals when it comes to what you want to do with your camera. What is your main focus going to be?
Here are just a few examples of different styles and what to look for when searching:
● Video/Vlogging Camera: Search for a camera that performs well in low light conditions as you will most likely be on the move. Added features that don’t matter as much would be things like a zoom and flash as you will most likely be on the move and the camera needs to adapt to whatever activity you’re doing.
● Still Photography Camera: Look for a camera with a higher amount of megapixels. Quality of the image is one of the biggest factors and 24 or more megapixels should be a good place to start.
● Action Photography Camera: Because any action takes place in a continuous fashion your camera’s shutter speed and frames per second
What to Look When Purchasing a Camera Lens
Here are just a few examples of different lenses and accompanying attributes:
● Wide lens: Good for capturing landscapes, architecture, groups of people, etc. A wide lens will be able to give a good an exaggeration of lines and curves as well.
● Telephoto Zoom Lens: These are good for focusing on very specific points on distant subjects while keeping the scale of the image proportionate.
● Macro lens: Can be great for taking portrait photography, but have a small depth of field when working at close distances.
If you are looking for an easy breezy camera that is meant for fun, has that retro-chic-feel and you can take easily on the go, the Polaroid SNAP is a great option. Right now, this camera is priced at $59.97. Press the link above for more information.
This camera is great for people who are looking for their first camera, are learning the ins and outs of photography, and want to take quality photos without spending too much. It has features that make it a great camera for getting action shots, stills, etc. We’ve priced it at $139.99. Press the link for more information.
This Canon camera pack is great for uploading pictures through an internet connection at the press of a button. This DSLR camera combines uses a single-reflex lens camera with a solid digital imaging sensor which makes for stellar
This durable and waterproof camera can catch basically any action as you or
Priced at $71.98 this lens is great for capturing subjects from a farther distance.
If you want to widen your angle without breaking the bank consider something like this wide conversion lens. We’ve priced it at $39.99.
All of these cameras, lenses, and even more equipment are available at PawnAmerica.com. The best thing you can do before making a camera or lens purchase is to define your goals and do some research on your own. No two cameras, lenses, etc. are the same and no to photographers have the same exact style. Stop in today and ask one of our trained employees about which camera and/or camera lens could be best for your individual needs as well."