A Pawn is a collateral loan.
That means that Pawn America will loan you money on valuable items you own that will act as collateral.
To transact a pawn loan you will need a valid state-issued photo I.D. or driver’s license.
Our pawn process is very simple and these four steps generally take less than 10 minutes to initiate.
- Bring in your collateral to any neighborhood Pawn America
- Pawn America can buy the item outright or you can secure a loan against your valuables – it’s your choice
- Pawn America will set a due date (usually 30 days) for you to pay off your loan and pick up your collateral
- At the end of your contract term, you may choose:
- to extend the loan to a new date or
- to not pay back the loan – in which case Pawn America will keep your item
To see what kind of valuables Pawn America is paying top dollar for click here.
Types of items that are suitable for a pawn loan would be jewelry made of gold, silver or other precious metals or valuable gemstones like diamonds. Coins, televisions, iPods, iPads and Mp3 players, as well as laptops, tools, musical instruments, small appliances, and golf clubs are also great choices to use as collateral.